The programme is specially designed with an objective to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at secondary school levels among student educators. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for better learning and knowledge creation.
It focuses on,
• Creating sensitivity about language diversity in classroom and its role in the teaching-learning process
• Developing an understanding in the context of education in contemporary Indian Society
• Appreciating the role of context and socio-political realities about learners in facilitating learning in inclusive settings
• Student-teachers to integrate and a.pply ICT in facilitating the teaching-learning process and in school management
• Systematizing experiences and strengthening the professional competencies of student and teachers
• Enabling student-teachers to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences
• Developing an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in the school curriculum
• Identifying, challenging and overcoming gender inequalities in the school, classrooms, curricula, textbooks, social institutions, etc.
• Developing competencies among student-teachers to select and use appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning
• Engaging student-teachers with an understanding of the self, child, and school to establish close connections
between different curricular areas
• Providing first-hand experience of all the school activities by engaging student-teachers as interns in secondary/senior secondary schools.
1. Mr. Kotra Basayya - 2006-2008
2. Mrs. Gririjadevi - 2008-2009
3. Mrs. Chandrashekar Pooral - 2009-2010
4. Ms. Shushma - 2011-2013
5. Fr. Joshy Puthur - 2013-2020
6. Fr. Augusty TA - 2021