09:45 AM – Assembly
10:00 AM – 01:00 PM with a break of 10 minutes
02:00 AM – 04:30 PM with a break of 10 minutes
- Students are expected to be present in the classroom at the stroke of the first bell after assembly.
- The college begins with a prayer during the assembly at 9:45 AM.
- The late comers are expected to report to the Principle. They should get his/her signature in a late slip and show it to the teachers for admission into the classroom. The fine for arriving late during assembly or being absent without prior notice is Rs 10/- and Rs 100/- respectively.
- Assembly is to be conducted by the assigned group under the supervision of the mentor following the prescribed procedure.
- Girls: Churidhar with duppata neatly draped and pinned at both shoulders to be worn during Saturday and Wednesday. A standard Saree should be worn modestly during the other days of the week.
- Boys: Formal full trousers with tucked-in shirts and shoes.
- Wearing of uniform for both boys and girls is compulsory on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Uniform is provided by the college and is included in the fee collected.
- Each student-teacher is expected to wear an identity card with his/her recent photograph affixed on it duly attested by the Principal.
- Without the wearing of identity card student will not be permitted to enter college premises.
- Loss of identity card should be reported immediately and duplicate will be issued on paying a fees of Rs.500/-.
- All student-teachers should surrender their ID cards at the end of the degree programme.
- All the students should attend class regularly. All should aim at 100% attendance. If there are some important and compelling reasons such as family celebrations, ill-health, etc., student can avail leave after obtaining due permission primarily from the Principal.
- Attendance for students will be taken in the class by the lecturers and attendance for staff will be taken through biometry before 9:45 AM.
- It should be remembered that 85% attendance is a pre-requisite for appearing for the University examination and for availing scholarship of any kind.
- Students are expected to pay the fine for late attendance and absence without getting prior permission to enter the classroom.
- Students could take the prior permission from the Class mentor for taking leave for a day. If more days are required written prior permission of the principal is mandatory. It is compulsory for the students to submit the leave letter.
- In case the students want to go out the college campus during academic hours for urgent requirements it is mandatory for students to mark it in the movement register with the permission of the principal.
- Students should apply for leave after obtaining due permission from the class teacher or principle. The leave application is to be duly signed by Parents/Guardian/Hostel Director and get the endorsement of the respective HOD and the Principal.
- If leave is asked for reasons of illness for more than two days, the leave application along with a medical certificate should be submitted by the student at the college office after meeting the Principal.
- The guardian or parent will be called if he/she is absent continuously for more than 5 days without the explicit written permission of the Principal.
The fund for the Tour or Fieldtrip is raised by the students themselves and it does not include in the fee structure.
Teacher’s day is organized by the students in consultation with the Academic Coordinator.
Founder’s day is celebrated in the month of January. A quiz competition will be organized every year in honor of the St. John Bosco, the founder.
Independence Day and other national days of importance are organized by the college under the leadership of the academic coordinator.
Students are divided into four groups and all the activities in the college are carried out in these groups. Each group is animated by a Lecture and group helps the student teachers to develop leadership qualities and skills in working in group. Each group is expected provide relevant information and knowledge to the college community by making use of the display boards of the college. All the co curricular activities are carried out in the groups.
Notice on Ragging
- Students should take all the permission from the principal and incase the principal is absent permission should be taken from the Academic coordinator.
- Any kind of disturbing behavior in the campus is forbidden.
- Smoking, use of drugs, alcohol or peddling drugs in the campus is prohibited.
- Any ill-treatment, both physical and verbal, based on gender, caste and religion will lead to dismissal.
- Causing damage to the college/public property by scribbling on walls, graffiti writing, scratching walls/toilets, breaking furniture, lab equipment, damaging fittings and pipes, etc. will lead to dismissal.
- Any kind of misconduct/misbehavior inside/outside the campus in public places, buses, trains, etc. or detection of foot-board travel, blocking the traffic, unruly behavior in buses/trains or any kind of annoyance to the public will also result in the immediate withdrawal/permanent cancellation of all student travel concessions and the scholarships.
- Students should wear the ID cards when they represent the college for any function outside.
- Students should produce the ID card in the library for entry and to do any transaction.
- The college encourages English as the medium of communication in the college.
- Campus is under CCTV Surveillance and wifi-enabled.
- No student shall leave the college premise during the academic hours without the written permission of the principal.
- Any breakdown or damage of the college property should be brought to the notice of the principal by the responsible students themselves.
- Park vehicles in the allotted area.
- Study tour/community programme is organized by the college. Hence it is mandatory for all the students to go for it. If there is grace reasons exemption should be obtained from the principal.
- Study tour and application recommended by the Coordinator or HOD must be submitted to the principal well in advance for approval. It is compulsory that a female faculty should accompany the students.
- Keep the campus spick and span. Avoid throwing garbage in the campus. Help the domestic staff to maintain toilets clean and pristine.
- Healthy inclusive relationships without exclusiveness should reign in the campus.
- Teachers/Class mentor will report the names of students who are irregular from the class to the coordinator and then the principal.
- Students are expected to hand down all the library books before the commencing of the semester examinations.
- Students are expected to register for the semester examination for writing the examinations.
- All the written assignments, documents, reports etc. should be submitted to the concerned faculty members on or before the fixed date and failure in this regard will not be entertained.
- It is mandatory for all the students and faculty members to be present for all the inspection from the University.
- It is the sole duty of the students to do all the necessary actions to claim the scholarship. College will not take responsibility for the same. However all that is expected of the college to facilitate the same will be seen to.
- Students staying in the hostels must follow the rules and regulations of the hostels. College will not be held responsible for anything happening outside the college campus.
- Students are not allowed to come to the college with any valuables or money. It is the sole responsibility of the students to take responsibility of their belongings.
As per the directives of the Supreme Court by SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and the Notification E.No.37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 issued by the AICTE New Delhi, students are asked to note the following”
“Ragging is a heinous crime and is punishable under various sections of Law.”
The Institution can make any one or combination of the following punishments against the students who indulge in ragging:
- Cancellation of admission
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institute shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- If anyone is found guilty of ragging, he/she is entitled to a Rigorous Imprisonment of Two Years and Penalty by the Indian Penal Code. If the crime is of sexually oriented then the punishment may go up to 10 years Rigorous Imprisonment and Penalty.